This blog showcases the many possibilities of how you can achieve beautiful bold and stylish house names and door numbers using vinyl decals.
CLASSIC FONTS AND FINISHES FOR DOOR FANLIGHTS
Bevelled and 3 dimensional text has been a popular choice for house names, numbers and signs for many years, from as early as the Victorian era and is still as popular today.
Original Georgian and Victorian door numbers and house names would have been applied using gold leaf and paint beautifully carried out by skilled sign-writers.
Todays modern applications which are ideal for restoration solutions include simple, clean and easy to apply cut vinyl decals.
This can offer much versatility as vinyl comes in many colours and a wide range of finishes from frosted and etched to metallic and neon bringing the vintage classic into the 21st century.
- Cinzel Font used with Gold brushed vinyl and enlarged black matt vinyl lettering behind to give outline effect.
- Pinyon Script can be found on Google Free Fonts. Customers can upload their own artwork files using our online Upload Artwork tool
- Vidaloka Font Gold matt vinyl with black matt vinyl behind creating a drop shadow effect
HOW TO CREATE ARTWORK FOR A 2 COLOUR DECAL
- Droid Serif, gold matt with matt black vinyl layered behind to give a drop shadow effect
- Diplomata used in single brushed gold vinyl layer
- Vidaloka used in single brushed gold vinyl layer
CONTEMPORARY FANLIGHT DESIGNS IN FROSTED AND ETCHED VINYL
Fanlight door and house numbers created using frosted vinyl as an alternative to sandblasted or etched glass. The whole fanlight is obscured by the frosted vinyl with the number or name element removed to give a contrasted effect. This is an effective and subtle solution.
- Race One gives a modern bevelled font look
- Arimo Bold used to give a clean simple modern appeal
- Diplomata gives added dimension with linework
MODERN DOOR NUMBERS USING BRIGHT COLOURS AND CONTRASTING VINYL LAYERS
There is no reason you need to stay with tradition gold and black lettering for your house name and door number.
- Diplomata font in bright pink
- Cinzel, modern twist on using classic gold with black by switching the layers
- Race One used in bright yellow lemon vinyl to match door colour.
All fonts shown in the examples are available on our easy to use online text tool , unless stated otherwise. Our online text tool allows you to choose your font and customise it’s size, colour and vinyl finish. Please contact us about your design if you would like a 2 colour vinyl or have any questions, we will advise on the best solutions for your project, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We supply a fully illustrated guide on how to install vinyls yourself, and have various installation videos on our website and instagram account should you require installation for a larger job this can be offered.
A creative vinyl graphic service helping businesses and individuals create with vinyl. Share with us by tagging @inkmillvinyl #inkmillvinyl